Monday, December 31, 2012

Mississippi River Ferry Crossing

Using bridges, I had crossed the Mississippi several times. This time I wanted to do something different. I looked to see if there was a ferry crossing, and there was. The Dorena-Hickman Toll Ferry is one of the few remaining riverboat ferries in the United States and the only operating ferry crossing the Mississippi River between Missouri and Kentucky.










After crossing the Mississippi, I spent the night in Sikeston, Mo. I couldn't help but remember that one of the three Lambert's (home of the throwed rolls) is located in Sikeston. I had stopped at the one in Foley, Alabama a year ago, and the food was wonderful. It just wasn't gonna happen tonight though. I had a late lunch at Patti's 1880 a short time ago, and I couldn't, maybe next time.

1 comment: