Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Meteor Crater

Scientist believe this carter was created about 50,000 years ago.  I don't know about that, but I know it was frigid cold the day I was there. The wind was blowing me sideways. I attempted to go outside and look around, but I met a 20 something young lady hurrying back in. As she passed by, she said the wind had just about ripped her purse off her arm. Still half frozen from getting from the van to the building, I needed little encouragement. I turned around and walked back in.

Here is what Wikipedia has to say about the crater.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_Crater

almost there

This isn't Montana, but it sure looks like "Big Sky Country" to me.


 






This meteorite weighs 1410 lbs.

 

 

Someday I hope to learn to take a pic through glass without reflections or glare, but in this case it reminds me of how cold it was. Look at that coat, it doesn't show all the layers under it though.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment